Do you want to improve your writing? Try our new evaluation service and get detailed feedback.
Check Your Text it's free

Task 1: The table below shows the proportion of different categories of families living in poverty in Australia in 1999.

The table provided illustrates the percentage of various types of poor family living in Australia in 1999. Overall, it is clear from the information supplied that the Australian sole parent accounted for the largest share while the aged couple was the minimum in 1999. As can be seen from the table that in 1999 by far the greatest proportion of poor household type was the sole parent, at 21%. Following with just 2% lower was the single one with no children. Nearly less than a half as much, namely 12% came from the couple with children. The single aged person and the couple with no children accounted for virtually the same percentage, being 6% and 7% respectively. The minority of families living in poverty was the aged couple, at only 4%, and the number of all different categories of poor families was 1837000 in total, stood at 11% comparing to the whole types of households.

IELTS academic Task 1: You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. The table below shows the proportion of different categories of families living in poverty in Australia in 1999. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make compari v.3

The table provided illustrates the percentage of various types of poor family living in Australia in 1999.

Overall
, it is
clear
from the information supplied that the Australian sole parent accounted for the largest share while the aged
couple
was the minimum in 1999.

As can be
seen
from the table that in 1999 by far the greatest proportion of poor household type was the sole parent, at 21%. Following with
just
2% lower was the single one with no children.
Nearly
less than a half as much,
namely
12% came from the
couple
with children. The single aged person and the
couple
with no children accounted for
virtually
the same percentage, being 6% and 7%
respectively
. The minority of families living in poverty was the aged
couple
, at
only
4%, and the number of all
different
categories of poor families was 1837000 in total, stood at 11% comparing to the whole types of households.
2Linking words, meeting the goal of 7 or more
4Repeated words, meeting the goal of 3 or fewer
0Mistakes
One who speaks only one language is one person, but one who speaks two languages is two people.
Turkish proverb
Academic
3 paragraphs
155 words
6.5
Overall Band Score
Coherence and Cohesion: 7.0
  • Structure your answers in logical paragraphs
  • ?
    One main idea per paragraph
  • ?
    Include an introduction and conclusion
  • ?
    Support main points with an explanation and then an example
  • Use cohesive linking words accurately and appropriately
  • ?
    Vary your linking phrases using synonyms
Lexical Resources: 6.0
  • Try to vary your vocabulary using accurate synonyms
  • Use less common question specific words that accurately convey meaning
  • Check your work for spelling and word formation mistakes
Grammatical Range: 6.5
  • Use a variety of complex and simple sentences
  • Check your writing for errors
Task Achievement: 7.0
  • Answer all parts of the question
  • ?
    Present relevant ideas
  • Fully explain these ideas
  • ?
    Support ideas with relevant, specific examples
Labels Descriptions
  • ?
    Currently is not available
  • Meet the criteria
  • Doesn't meet the criteria
Similar posts